Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: aldor rep grinding strategies  (Read 5160 times)

krick

aldor rep grinding strategies
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »

I've pledged my allegiance to Aldor and I was wondering if anyone had any good rep grinding strategies from a paladin perspective.

I'm level 62 and I'm looking for areas of melee mobs that drop Mark of Kil'jaeden or Firewing Signet, I can always trade one for another with people in the trade channel.

Anyone done this and have advice they can share?

Tuberon

Re: aldor rep grinding strategies
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 04:54:57 AM »

Around the northeast side of Auch in Terrokar Forest there are Cabal Initiates, Cabal Skirmishers and Cabal Spell-Weavers, the Spell-Weavers are not usually together (there are a couple spots) so you can usually grab a few melee nearby and down the Spell-Weaver first.  Not hard to do laps of the area.

They tend to drop a mark of kil'jaeden about one ever 3-4 mobs, in my experience.  Also drop a fair amount of silver and netherweave.

krick

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 03:38:40 PM »

There's an underground tomb west of the caravan that I spent some time farming with my rogue.  Has anyone tried it with a pally?  I think there are a few casters mixed in.  Would a resistance (arcane?) potion make enough difference to be worth the cost?

Tuberon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »

There's an underground tomb west of the caravan that I spent some time farming with my rogue.  Has anyone tried it with a pally?  I think there are a few casters mixed in.  Would a resistance (arcane?) potion make enough difference to be worth the cost?

The area I spoke of, which is southeast of the caravan, has slightly harder (I think they are all 63) than the mobs in that tomb, and there are more casters in the tomb.  It's harder to efficently lap, but quite possible.

The skirmishers have a better drop rate on marks, though.

casey

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:39:42 PM »

The tomb is a very good place to pick up a few more marks while you wait for the mobs outside to respawn, and it isn't as heavily traveled so you have less gank issues.  Run down the center picking up mobs, the last room has mostly melee   as does one of the side rooms.  The casters are easy to deal with, if you get one just dps them down with judgements/hammer or wrath.

mpohagan

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 04:59:10 AM »

I find Death's Door in Blade's edge Mountains is great for aoe grinding Aldor tokens and Fel Armaments.  I'm Scryers, not Aldor, so I do it for Fel Armaments to sell (and to help a friend), rather than for myself, so it has to be quite economically viable too.  But yea, theres nice tight groups of demons, you can clear the whole area in about 4 pulls (anywhere between 5-10+ demons per pull).  I'm actually 41/20/0 rather than a "proper" prot pally, and I do it in my 905 spell dmg glad/mec glad gear with 400resi.  It seems to work ok, I kill things fairly fast, and never really get into trouble.  But yea, give the place a try.  It may work slightly differently with a prot build and gear than it does for me, as I have less mitigation and the only damage I am doing is via consecrate, holy wrath and melee.  The mobs are 67-69 (from memory), and they drop a good amount of netherweave and coin.  Fel Armaments seem to drop about once every 15mins on average, which is pretty good, and marks have a very good droprate.  It makes me wish I'd spec'd prot to level!

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.