Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Stratholme Grinding  (Read 5307 times)

Mike

Stratholme Grinding
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »

How many mobs can you safely pull in here with kara+ tanking gear?

krick

Re: Stratholme Grinding
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »

I can usually pull four to six packs of skeletons and maybe a patchwork horror.  If you go in through the back door, I can do the entire first room as one pull, them move to the next room and pull half the room and the patchwork.  Most of the time, my biggest danger is running out of mana from cleansing myself.  I need to get that trinket from the last boss in heroic underbog.

One problem I've seen in stratholme is that if you pull a giant group and take too long to kill them all, the first ones that die start de-spawning before you can loot them.  Of course, you can loot while your killing them, so that helps.

Also, I have some trouble in the cathedral part (all the human casters) and the bosses on the "live side" which is the part you do for the Baron run.  I just don't have enough dps to take down the bosses in a reasonable amount of time.  The undead trash on the live side is fine, for the most part, except I think there's a few mobs that silence you.

I don't use full tanking gear, as having too much dodge just makes them take longer to kill.  You want lots of block rating and block value along with a healthy dose of spell damage.

I currently use the following "special" items in my stratholme farming set...

[Rune of the Dawn]
[Figurine of the Colossus]
[Petrified Lichen Guard] + [Felsteel Shield Spike]

This is the trinket I still need to get...

[Alembic of Infernal Power]

Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 12:07:02 PM »

What is your general spell rotation for a pull? and what aura do you use? seals, etc?

I did it for the first time last night, and had ret aura, and would spam concecrate and try my best to use JoW and SoW. Each mob i pulled had an average of 10-12 undead. but i found myself with no mana and barely any health by the end of each pull (i dont have any of those items you linked yet)

krick

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »

What is your general spell rotation for a pull? and what aura do you use? seals, etc?

I did it for the first time last night, and had ret aura, and would spam concecrate and try my best to use JoW and SoW. Each mob i pulled had an average of 10-12 undead. but i found myself with no mana and barely any health by the end of each pull (i dont have any of those items you linked yet)

I use Retribution Aura, Blessing of Sanctuary, Righteous Fury.
I only judge and seal wisdom, since that's what I'm always out of.

I usually start by using "Turn Evil" on an elite mob on one end of the room, then run to the opposite end of the room and use exorcism to pull another group.  I try to do it so the feared mob runs through other groups and aggroes them too and the same with the exorcised pull. Once they're all after me, I back myself into a corner so that they can't hit me from the side.  You can't block hits from the side or back.

You have to keep cleansing yourself to get rid of DoTs.

You have to play it by ear to see if you have enough mana to use holy shield and consecrate the whole time.  Your aura, blessing, and shield should be putting out plenty of damage.  I also have rank 1 consecrate on my toolbar that I sometimes use to save mana.

Without the [Figurine of the Colossus] trinket, it won't really work as a protection pally.  A holy pally can usually do it without the trinket because they can heal themselves through the hits and just outlast everything.

The [Petrified Lichen Guard] with [Felsteel Shield Spike] is pretty important too because you want stuff to die as fast as possible from hitting you.

I also have a [Darkmoon Card: Vengeance] that I sometimes use instead of my Jewelcrafter spell damage trinket and that seems to pump out some extra damage too.

Page created in 0.281 seconds with 21 queries.