Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lvl 70 Aoe grinding spots  (Read 8250 times)

Hapse

Lvl 70 Aoe grinding spots
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »

Hello all so as a tankadin one of the most funny parts is ofc aoe tanking :D we love it because we can pull alot of mobs and kill em all, not to mention the lovely "dodge, dodge, parry, block, dodge, miss, parry" spam ^^

First some nice tips for aoe grindin:
-When you pull spam Consecration to keep having aggro so the mobs dont reset and use rank 1 so you dont use too much mana.
-STRAFE! When i see the aoe grinding movies on youtube alot of the palas use mount or go backwards when they pull. Yes the backwards method is the safest but its slow and maybe you will get more dmg so the fastest/safest method is in fact to strafe. you use the q and e (default keybindings) to do this and then you turn your side to the mob cause the while running same speed as if you were running by using w you can still dodge/parry/block! just practice it out on a mob before you try it cause you need to turn to the right angle.

Items used for aoe grinding:
-This trinket is just build for aoe grinding... its simply amazing.... some dont need it because of their gear is good enough but you will still save this trinket forever. its the amazing "Figurine of the Colossus" http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 it heals 120 when you block! and can crit for 180 when you use it, it will like instant heal you to 100% again :) its a real life safer.
-Well there are in fact alot of shields that will do something when you are struck by a mob the most common shield used for aoe grinding is
 - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25828 Its a nice dot that will come on to the mobs and it stacks up fast so its an okay +dmg for the all the mobs
 -Another shield is the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=1168 it is VERY neat because the dmg and healing proc from this shield stacks with your spell dmg for 200%! so if you got 300 spell dmg it will heal you for 635 and damage the mobs for 675-725.. thats alot of dmg tho its a lvl 54 shield :)) (on some servers it aint cheap tho)
(for shields you can put on a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23530 to do even more dmg :))

Ive been trying to find some neat aoe grinding spots.. But the hard part finding these places are the following things:
-No mobs should do spells that hurt you cause you cannot dodge a spell!!
-You need a place where you can pull alot of mobs fast enough before you die or go out of mana.
-Its best to find melee mobs cause ranged mobs sux because you have to do the "go close so he goes melee thing"

Now ive find some places and this "guide" is only a "beta" but ill give you the spots i know of atm..

-Outside of Black Temple
The most known spot for aoe grinding. its simply nice! theres only 2 annoying things =
-Theres a elite walking around so you have to wait for him to go away
-When the mobs hit a low % hp they start to use evasion and then they get alot % dodge so you miss on your SOW
The mobs are:
-http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=21180
And
-http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=21179
They got quite small amount of hp (6,9K and 3,5K) so they die very fast..
They are located in Shadowmoon valley at the loc 69,52 (check the wowhead links if you havent got coords)

-Behind Manaforge B'Naar
This might be tricky one cause you have to pull by using your consecration(rank 1) and some of the mobs use a throw abillity and thats annoying cause then you have to wait for em but the most annoying part is the Sunfury Bloodwarder cause they use a abillity (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35877) that really kills if you dont spam dispel.. they cast it on you and when a mob hits you it will deal fire dmg and that will go through your block or parry!! then theres also 2 other mobs thats annoying and thats the Sunfury Warp-Engineer and the Sunfury Warp-Master cause they use a spell that deals abit dmg but sti
ll its a spell.. so thats dmg for your char.

Pros:
-Gives ALOT of sunfury signets and arcane tomes compared to the black temple aoe grinding
Cons:
-Is pretty dangerous with the casters but especially "mark of the sunfury"
-You have to run alot when pulling and therfor the mobs got a chance to reset.

-Black Morass (Thank you Robert.)
Black Morass is a instance. its located in tanaris down in Caverns of time, you have to complete the questline in durnholde (another instance in Caverns of time before you can enter it) before you can enter it.
Black morass is a instance therefor you dont have to "kite" the mobs you can in fact simply mount up and run through em all and get off your mount and pew pew.

Pros:
-Its an instance = no reset
-Lots of spider web drop

Cons:
-You cant do it forever if your fast enough because theres a limit for instances you can do in an hour i think it is
-You can start the event?

Might add more.

-Hapse
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 08:42:02 AM by Hapse »

krick

Re: Lvl 70 Aoe grinding spots
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

-When you pull spam Consecration to keep having aggro so the mobs dont reset and use rank 1 so you dont use too much mana.

From what I've seen while AOE grinding, damage from consecration will not stop mobs from resetting when you get too far from their original location.  I'm not sure if you can kite mobs using judgements or not, but I know consecrates aren't enough.  However, if you hit them with your weapon, you can pull them much farther without them resetting.  I like to start with the loose single mobs.  I run around and target each one and make sure that I get one swing on each before moving to the next.  Once I gather all the loose ones, I strafe over to the larger group or groups and body pull them all into a giant pile, then I start dropping the consecrates. 

Hapse

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 02:53:23 PM »

From what I've seen while AOE grinding, damage from consecration will not stop mobs from resetting when you get too far from their original location.  I'm not sure if you can kite mobs using judgements or not, but I know consecrates aren't enough.  However, if you hit them with your weapon, you can pull them much farther without them resetting.  I like to start with the loose single mobs.  I run around and target each one and make sure that I get one swing on each before moving to the next.  Once I gather all the loose ones, I strafe over to the larger group or groups and body pull them all into a giant pile, then I start dropping the consecrates. 

Ive done it many times because the tick from it counts as a dmg like a hit from your weapon

Robert

• Rhabella's Rants
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »

i am just now lvl 61 but i have often thought that one of the best places to aoe grind would be in black morass.  much in the way a tank will ride to clear the area, you could do that alone and pull and many or as little of the gators/cats/spiders as you want.  of the times i have taken both my aff lock and resto druid in there, there have been amazing drops.  even got my lvl 70 gift of the wild book.  i lvled the entire time as a prot pally and will be the standard 0/49/12 when i hit 70 and have been salivating at the thought of grinding in bm.  the only downside is you have to go all the way to the caverns of time, but once you hit revered you can hop a ride from the keeper of time emmisary in lower city.  would love to find out if anyone has any luck here b4 im able to hit 70.
I am a Divine Storm
I am a Holy Shield
I am a Beacon of Light
-------------------------------------------
I am a Paladin

Rhabella's Rants

krick

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »

Ive done it many times because the tick from it counts as a dmg like a hit from your weapon

I don't think it's the consecrate that's doing it.  It might be retribution aura, blessing of sanctuary, or [Petrified Lichen Guard] poison DoTs. 

Go somewhere in outland, hellfire peninisular or nagrand is a good choice, then try turning off all blessings, auras, and put on a normal shield (i.e. no reflective damage) then body pull a mob (don't auto attack) and try to kite it a long distance using only rank 1 consecrates.  I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do it.

Along a similar line, I've tried to "tag" mobs with consecrate while doing my dailies and unless I get some non-consecrate damage on them first, other players can tag them away from me.

Keep in mind that this only applies outside of an instance.  Inside an instance, aggro'd mobs don't reset until you're dead or you leave the instance.

steve

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:26:39 PM »

I don't think it's the consecrate that's doing it.  It might be retribution aura, blessing of sanctuary, or [Petrified Lichen Guard] poison DoTs. 

Go somewhere in outland, hellfire peninisular or nagrand is a good choice, then try turning off all blessings, auras, and put on a normal shield (i.e. no reflective damage) then body pull a mob (don't auto attack) and try to kite it a long distance using only rank 1 consecrates.  I'm pretty sure you won't be able to do it.

Along a similar line, I've tried to "tag" mobs with consecrate while doing my dailies and unless I get some non-consecrate damage on them first, other players can tag them away from me.

Keep in mind that this only applies outside of an instance.  Inside an instance, aggro'd mobs don't reset until you're dead or you leave the instance.
Krik you're usually right about most things but rank 1 consecrate will keep a mob on you for as long as you can keep consecrating. With pursuit of justice after a while I usually outrun a good chunk of the mobs. As long as I put rank 1 consecrate down and keep running in a straight line they stay on me. I pull the basilisks in Zangarmarsh from top to bottom with rank 1.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

Okay, I enjoyed the AoE grinding in front of Black Temple a heckuva lot! That is sheer fun!  Especially pulling the Elite in and seeing if you can last.

What I actually did, buffing BoS, SoV, Ret Aura, RF, and judging Light, I would fly in to the narrow area where the three pair of guys are sparring, land between the first pair, and start running forward aiming straight between pairs into the larger area, whacking at them as I go, pickup the Elite, and make a quick run in a wide circle to gather the rest. Ya have to be quick with the heals - I lay on hands shortly after all are gathered. At that point, you should have the Elite targeted, and keep having him be the main focus of your spells and attacks while the rest of the guys get slowly done in by your Consecration, and DoT effects of Ret Aura.

Mana stays pegged out full the whole time, so ya just need to make sure you keep eye on health... Keep in mind that I do not bubble. Bubbling confuses me, so... I do it only as a last resort, and usually choose the wrong one...  ::)

Now, yes, I admit that the method described above, at level 74, resulted in a few corpse runs  :P but its a fun challenge for me. There's a friendly area (can't think of the name just now) that is a short distance away to N-NW where you can repair and vendor loot. But yes, I was able to take out all the non-elites AND the Elite in one huge group.

But yeah, it is easier if you can fly in from the Western side, and keep eye on the Elite while gathering all of the rest that you can. Without the Elite, you should not need to use heals as long as you are judging Light... Still, once this group is worn down sufficiently (your comfort level may vary, lol...), you can go ahead and engage the Elite - wait til AS is off CD, target Elite, slap him with HoR followed by AS, then run to him and thru him to grab the three pair that are in that narrow area.  Have a blast!  I'll be there again this evening, at least for a few run-thru's...  ;D

Oh yeah, they spawn a bit slowly, so while waiting, heal up, then head down the stairs to the west and grab every NPC along the way, HoR the guys out of the two tents... whack these guys enough to keep their attention, then head down the hill, which is lined by guards with flaming swords on both sides. If you are good, you can grab all of them and kite to bottom of hill.  Take 'em out.  Have fun.

BUT... I want to know somewhere I can do similar at 75, with more challenge, and more XP. No casters - that's gotta be the prerequisite.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

krick

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

Okay, I enjoyed the AoE grinding in front of Black Temple a heckuva lot! That is sheer fun!

It's even more fun with the following items equipped...

[Petrified Lichen Guard]
[Figurine of the Colossus]
[Dabiri's Enigma]

Just trigger both trinkets at the same time and watch your health bar fill back up.

For some old-school fun, try going into Stratholme (the original level 60 instance in Eastern Plaguelands) and see how much of the instance you can pull at one time.  You'll learn a little about line-of-sight pulling and parking yourself in a corner so that mobs can't get behind you.  You'll also spend a lot of time cleansing yourself because of the disease DoTs.

This instance is a great way to make some money.  You get piles of runecloth and some other old-school crafting materials that you can sell on the auction house.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »

I trashed the PLG around 70 as I felt it was not doing much of anything compared to items with better stats. I would like to get another Shield that has a DoT component though...

I guess if I had liked the look of the PLG, I likely woulda kept it for such occasions, but just never liked the look of it... But I suppose since I still have the rep there, I can get another by simply flying around and snagging the glowcaps, lol... Shouldn't take long...

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

Elpally

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »

I set off with my 72 pally to find a good grinding spot in Northrend. I ended up in dragonblight and there are miners that are due north of the Wyrmrest temple. They have an insane respawn rate and plus they are undead! I aoe grinded here for 3 levels and it went pretty quick (a few levels worth of double xp helped big time). At 72, each mob gave about 900-1k normal xp. Good frostweave cloth drops and usually netted about 20 - 40 silver per mob. They also dropped an occasional green that was of no use to me other than the gold. Usually by the time you mount up and ride through the area then dispose of the mobs, most of them have started to respawn. Rinse & repeat.

Cheers, let's get going!

Impaqt

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 12:00:49 AM »

I found a couple of areas near Camp Winterhoof to be a good grinding ground. I can't remember the name of the village, but the Vyr'krul I think they are called.... big viking like fellows and gals. No casters, just melee and plenty of them. Usually in pairs, so you can start pulling a pair, then chaining one pair into another, or riding or running around body agroing a field full. You do need to be aware of your positioning though. One of the quests in the area is to burn towers full of mages who will burn you if you drift into range. I used this area as I was learning my rotation, or changing my keybinds.

There is another area too full of weeds and wolf like beasts that are a treat. Once again, no casters, just plenty of melees.

Early 70s tankers will enjoy both areas.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&cn=Impaqt

It's not adventure unless your life is in peril!

Chasey

• Judging Chasey
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 04:06:24 AM »

A few things here:
AoE grind in from of the main Argent camp in Zul'drak. They same area you throw the NPC the pack and kill 10 mobs. They are lvl 74-75 and come almost non stop. They are undead and if you get overwhelmed you can run into camp and the argent NPC's will help.

I onlyl want to make one correction here. Concencrate is 22% base mana, no matter what rank you use. So using rank 1 does less damage and still kills your mana.
Rank 1: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=26573
Rank 8: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48819

Tips, cause I used to do this on my main in Icecrown, if they are undead or demon it works great, grab your pack you are looking to get and get as close to the second group as you can. Pull the first pack, get them together and holy wrath them....free run to the second pack. Concencrate then run to the 3rd, via HoF or just dragging them. Holy Wrath should be ready again. If you are getting close to low health you can alway go to seal of light and judge light til you regain health and then go back to SoComm or Vengance.

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.