Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 60 grinding  (Read 7298 times)

Crow

60 grinding
« on: August 27, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »

DEMONS DEMONS DEMONS!!!!!. EPL, is great so is hell penn and big group of demons all over...pull 4-6 of em and have fun!! u should be able to rock and get some mad xp

Matthew Benner

Re: 60 grinding
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:18:59 AM »

I have found the best place to grind at lvl 61-64 is the birds outside the temple in outlands. each pull is about 10k exp and only takes about 2-3 minutes. plus you can make lots of gold selling the grey items that they drop.

Mads Kampmann

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:06:22 PM »

Yeah quite nice spot, remember to save the meat they drop since you can make it into some tasty 20 stamina food.

Apolos

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »

I have found the best place to grind at lvl 61-64 is the birds outside the temple in outlands. each pull is about 10k exp and only takes about 2-3 minutes. plus you can make lots of gold selling the grey items that they drop.

Yes, that place is bloody incredible.  Very few other places I've ever come across where the mobs are packed so tightly, and are so easy to kill.  Round up a dozen birds and whack 'em down.  Just don't get too far or some of them run away, meaning you have to round those up again.  Respawn rates are pretty decent too.

Freshtankadin

• You Tank I Heal, we both LIVE
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »

I like hellfire peninsula where the demons are. Go to where you have to do the quest for closing the gates and just go to town. Plenty of mobs, all close together. Drops silver and cloth and gear. All demons, so tankadin grinding is easy.
I couldn't help but notice you noticing my PVPness

Jehmar

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 01:18:12 PM »

Just an FYI to confirm this. I went to both the Temple and Gate area yesterday. In the gate quest area in the far north, Annihilator something, running between two demon outposts/grouping of mobs I avgd 65,000 XP/hr (Titan bar addon) and loaded lots of Netherweave cloth. I am not particularly well geared, but level 65, and could pull and handle 6 mobs easily. Found I could do more later. Pretty great results I thought, especially given I need the Neatherweave to level my other alts tailor.

Thanks for the posting. I am a fairly new Tankadin, only 3 months ever on WOW. Reading lots here and setting up.

johanullen

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »

I don't know what level you are exactly but if you are between 58 and 68 you should consider questing. Questing in Outlands is awesome and if you have some clue what to do beforehand you can get around 200k exp per hour. Just Hellfire Peninsula can easily get you from 58 to 63-64 in 8-12 hours and after that you can advance to Nagrand (which as an absolutely beautiful region IMO) where you can easily quite up to 68 which opens your way into Northrend. If you dps you can also queue for RD while you are questing to get some variation into your gameplay, as tank or healer you won't be able to do that as you will get into dungeon immediately.

When I die it is the healers fault,
when the healer dies it is my fault,
when a dps dies it is his own damn fault!

Quaranta

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:37:46 AM »

I agree with Johanullen, just quest. There are tons and tons of quests in the outlands and pretty close to the questgivers themselves. Get your flying mount at 60 and let the xp roll in! With a flying mount,some rested bonus and the knowledge of the quests, you can even get close to 400k xp an hour.

velkaer

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »

Hi,

I find it mindboggling that people want to spend their free time "grinding". In a game no less. How fked up is that :). Game should be fun!
If you dont find WoW fun, dont play - go for an evening swim in a lake during sunset. Now there's an experience!

Velkaer

johanullen

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »

AOE grinding can actually be very fun, maybe not in the long run but for a while at least when you find a new spot with adds that seem AOEable you will try to challenge yourself and pull as much as possible.

When I die it is the healers fault,
when the healer dies it is my fault,
when a dps dies it is his own damn fault!

Jehmar

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »

Thanks for the recommendation. I was a new level 65 when I wrote the post and new to instance tanking. It is something you have to do correctly so I am reading a lot here. I quested through to 65 and thought I would try the grinding to see how good the progress would be. After my post I decided to go for a shield, “Petrified Lichen Guard” mentioned by Hapse in “Lvl 70 Aoe grinding spots”. I thought it would help in questing as well.

I went to Zangarmarsh, quested for Honorable and got the shield. First time I saw the process and results of building reputation. The shield Poisons the mob when it blocks, and Defense and Block much better than prior shield. Plan on going for the other mentioned trinket, Figure of the Colossus, which heals me on a block.

So I am not really a grinder. Use Dugi’s guides for 30- 65 and like them a lot. Figure now though I might quest for Cenarion reputation while questing to 70+. I am dual specd Holy and Prot with Mining and Blacksmithing both at 300+. Grinding OK only for short periods. I do like that I gathered 360 Netherweave for my alt tailor though on top of making about 60G!

Need to get to my first 80, learn to tank well, now before higher levels. I really feel a responsible to know the routes and pull properly. All fun though. Enjoying the ride!

Other recommendations appreciated.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.