Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Less-Rabi  (Read 4551 times)

Ironshield

• Ironshield's Random Thoughts
Less-Rabi
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:06:39 AM »

All I can think about at the moment is that I really want to finally get this fr1kken Less-Rabi Achievement... It has been baulking me for ages now, and after I knocked off the other 3 remaining Glory of the Hero achievements yesterday, I still failed at this AGAIN.

Anyone know any reasonably sure-fire way of cracking this one? The old advice of an Enhancement Shaman with 5 sec cooldown interrupt is no longer viable post-4.0.x, everyone I know who's got it, just sites luck and Massive DPS as the way to get it, there must be more to it.

Fortunately it looks like it might not be all or nothing tonight, as contrary to speculation it does not look like this meta or the proto-drake are going away with Cata, but I'm still gonna take a crack this evening just in case.

johanullen

Re: Less-Rabi
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:25:57 AM »

Crazy dps is the answer... the first interrupt is easy, second is OK but after that it is impossible. However if you manage to get an 8 (6?) second silence on him on the first or second you are good to go. I've done it twice without any discussion before, the dps was just that good so we took him down before he could start the second transform.

When I die it is the healers fault,
when the healer dies it is my fault,
when a dps dies it is his own damn fault!

Ironshield

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 06:20:36 AM »

He's immune to silence / stuns now, so assuming you stun at 50% health (last one that's reasonable) you need to kill from 50% in < 5 seconds... that's still quite a big ask I would have thought, or am I just running with the wrong crew?

johanullen

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 07:36:23 AM »

You are probably just running with the wrong crew... In my experience the last few days we could take him down from 100% in about 5 seconds...

Isilador

• Armory
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »

The way I have done it on my toons is have the healer DPS as well, with current gearing it is quite easy to kill him so fast the tank just doesn't take damage. I've actually just tanked it as ret, with no healer, he just dies so fast he doesnt have a chance to do any damage or transform.

Ironshield

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 06:12:20 PM »

So I did finally land it this afternoon, pre-Cata and got my Proto-Drake :D

I saved my Avenger's shield for first Transform and he didn't get a second look in. And yes it is massive DPS, healer DPS'ing and blowing all cooldowns as soon as first Transform is interrupted.

velkaer

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:00 AM »

Hi,

Can someone explain the less-rabi and proto drake relation to me?
I'd like a proto-drake too :P

Velkaer

Ironshield

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 03:50:32 AM »

Glory of the Hero rewards a Red Proto-Drake. For me anyway, Less-Rabi was the hardest ach in the meta. I only had to specifically TRY for a handful of them and none of those are as hard to wipe on if you fail, meaning if you get a group up for it you can retry easily, less-rabi usually  means wait a day.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »

Is a Red Proto-Drake the same thing (but different color) as a Bronze Proto-Drake that I got from Culling of Stratholme?

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

johanullen

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 12:10:45 AM »

Is a Red Proto-Drake the same thing (but different color) as a Bronze Proto-Drake that I got from Culling of Stratholme?

Yes, and there are many other colors too. It is kinda like pokemon, you gotta catch them all!!

I think there is an achievement in the game for having all mounts and another one for having all companions.

There used to be an additional benefit with some of these rare mounts, they would give you 310% speed rather than 290%, now that is built in master riding skill instead which you will have to pay up a lot of gold to get instead, and all mounts have the same speed based on your skill rather than what mount it is, which IMO doesn't make any sense at all, a swift mount should be faster than a normal mount, shouldn't it?

Back in the days we didn't have riding skill at all, or rather we had it but it we just riding skill and could not be improved, once you had it you could buy all mounts available for your level, i.e. normal 60% mounts at level 40 and epic 100% mounts at level 60, however the normal mounts were 100g, and that was A SHIT LOAD of gold at that time, even at level 60 it was an effort to scramble that much money, and the epic mounts were 1000g, which was incredibly difficult to get. However, there were some mounts you could get from PVP rewards and Warlocks and Paladins had special quests to gain their special mounts, Locks and Pallys could get the normal mount from a very easy quest too, the epic mount quest was epic though and both were VERY long and extremely costly as well as including doing top level dungeons with 5 players that were at the time 10-man raids. To have an epic mounts that had 100% speed was considered status at the time, much more so than the 18k mount and the bike are today, I think possibly comparable with the purple proto drake you get from the world events achievement.

Ironshield

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »

Actually ... no ... the Stratholme drake is a Bronze Dragon, long tail, four legs. Proto-drakes look a bit rougher, short tail, two legs, they walk on their wings - the Vashkul have Protos.

I prefer the look of the Proto-drakes myself, they look meaner. But as far as utility they are the same speed etc...

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 11:23:02 AM »

I prefer them as well. Anisovaya has the Emerald Proto-drake, and I've wanted one since first seeing hers, but still no luck... She says I have great luck in game, but in that regard, no...

All I have is that Bronze dragon, and I've wanted one of the others forever... Most of them seem to be attached to some Raid or other...

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

Ironshield

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »

The red one is actually probably the easiest to get... having a snoop on your armoury, I can see you only need a few more...

Split Personality - Easy, needs a bit of co-ordination, get the images to a low level and AoE them down
Intense Cold - Very Easy, all keep moving
Chaos Theory - Very Easy, just don't use any AoE and ignore adds
Watch him die - Moderate, though easy if OP - Zerg
Respect your Elders - Moderate, 2 tanks needed, have the other guy take the boss as far in the corner where he starts, you pick up add on the other side of the chamber
Share the love - Easy, but annoying, need a 2nd tank. Tank bare knuckle no DPS, till other 4 are impaled, swap tanks till you're up and then burn him down. This can take AGES. If a DPS dies and he's already been impaled, just let him stay dead, still gets it. And it expressly says 5 so you'll need a full group.
Abuse the Ooze - Easy, let the oozes merge, kill a few of them
Zombiefest! - was Very Easy, apparently they've nerfed it so you can't tow them all down to the bottom. But the way we did it, clear till last outside boss, then DON'T kill any zombies, best to kite boss to town hall steps before killing, once he's down zombies stop spawning. Carry on inside until just before the run at the bottom of the stairs with all the fire. Tank go fetch ALL the zombies (sense undead helps), tow back to the group, AoE down and pick up any others you need in the tunnel. Can probably solo it. Turn the track tick on and you can keep count.
Experienced Drake Rider - Easy, just ride the different drakes
Amber Void - Easy, use 2 Green 3 red or 3 Green 2 Red- make sure you're on one of the Greens for Experienced.

The only thing you can't definitely get in one day is Chaos Theory as it's down to luck whether or not you get the right boss in Violet Hold.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »

@Ironshield Thanks for the info. I do appreciate the details, and have heard of some of these achievements. So am I correct in understanding that when you've done all of those achievements, then you get the red drake? I'm a bit of a dunce in that regard...

I suppose then that I could organize a group thru Trade Chat with the expressed intent of getting these achievements, so those interested would know that we are doing things a certain way...

johanullen

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 11:40:43 PM »

Isn't it too late now anyway? I haven't checked it myself but someone told me the drake would be removed after launch.

Ironshield

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 04:05:29 AM »

Just pre-launch it looked like it wouldn't be, as some rewards had already been updated etc... and I don't think anything actually changed with the launch, things just got unlocked... but you would have to check in game. If you ach list still lists it as the reward should be there for the taking.

Yes Blood you need to do ALL of them. It can be a chore... but if you can find a group who are geared and keen, it's quicker and less luck driven than playing mommy hen to an egg for 2 years ;)

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:29:39 AM »

...it's quicker and less luck driven than playing mommy hen to an egg for 2 years ;)

Yes, but green being my favorite color, I really, really, want the Green Proto Drake.

The [Mysterious Egg]'s are down to a 3-day incubation now, so... might make it a bit easier...

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 21 queries.