Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Inside the Frozen Citadel  (Read 9080 times)

Sikotic

Inside the Frozen Citadel
« on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »

How am I able to pick up this quest?  I found the quest giver but she does not have the exclamation point above her head.  I read something about having Ashen Verdict reputation to take it.  Am I missing something here?  How do I achieve reputation with Ashen Verdict?

I can access Forge of Souls through regular and random dungeons but I want to be able to access the rest of them as well.  Thanks for any assistance.

krick

Re: Inside the Frozen Citadel
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »

It starts from a questgiver who walks around Dalaran.  There are Alliance and Horde versions of each quest since the NPCs are different.

Here's the whole "chain"...

1. [Inside the Frozen Citadel] - "breadcrumb" quest, leads you to Forge of Souls (pick up in Dalaran)
2. [Echoes of Tortured Souls] - FoS: kill Bronjahm and Devourer of Souls (2 frost emblems)
3. [The Pit of Saron] - "breadcrumb" quest, leads you to Pit of Saron
4. [The Path to the Citadel] - PoS: free 15 slaves and kill Forgemaster Garfrost
5. [Deliverance from the Pit] - PoS: kill Scourgelord Tyrannus (2 frost emblems)
6. [Frostmourne] - "breadcrumb quest, leads you to Halls of Reflection
7. [Wrath of the Lich King] - HoR: escape the Lich King (2 frost emblems)

Sikotic

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:39:03 PM »

That's the problem.  I know about the lady in Dalaran but she doesn't have the exclamation point above her head.  I've been an 80 for a while now so, unless there's some special stipulation i.e reputation needed, then I am at a loss for what to do.

krick

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

There are TWO people in Dalaran with the quest.  One for Alliance, and one for Horde...

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=frozen+citadel

Alliance version: [Inside the Frozen Citadel] - starts from  Apprentice Nelphi

Horde version: [Inside the Frozen Citadel] - starts from  Dark Ranger Vorel

Sikotic

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

Thank you but I am very much aware of that fact.  I am Alliance so, when I approach Apprentice Nelphi, there is no exclamation mark above her heard nor does it allow me to speak with her when I right click her.  I researched the starting point on wowwiki and thottbot so I knew who to go and see.  Easily finding her, I followed her around for a bit to see if she would eventually give it to me.  Nothing happened.  Am I missing something else? 

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »

Okay, pardon my presumption.

The Quest "Inside the Frozen Citadel" is actually listed as "optional."  If you get into FoS without it, then apparently you won't get it.  So then once you are in FoS, the Questgiver for "Echoes of Tortured Souls" should be there to talk to, before you turn right and encounter the encounter.  Once you get thru with that quest, I believe that you will turn it in to whatshername while still inside the FoS instance who, after the 2nd boss dies, will be talking about the next instance (PoS).  You should be able to just follow the chain from there.  I hope this helps.  FOR THE HORDE!  (Yeah, I know you're Alliance - I used to be Alliance myself, until I learned the truth!  Lol...)

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

Sikotic

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »

I'll have to try that tonight if I get queued into that instance.  Yeah, I started as Horde a while back but my friends fell off so I switched to the Windrunner server and made Alliance characters to run with another friend.  I got 2 80 Alliance characters so I didn't bother switching back LOL  I miss playing Horde sometimes but I don't like the idea of only Blood Elfs being paladins and I don't wanna start over right now.  Thanks for the info...

krick

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:17:39 PM »

If you picked up the quest in Forge of Souls and completed the objectives, you should be able to enter Pit of Saron.

I know that they have gear requirements for the new 5-man dungeons.  Do you meet the gear requirements for Pit of Saron and/or Halls of Reflection?

If you open the dungeon finder and select the option to queue for a specific WotLK dungeon, you can mouse over the new heroics and the tooltip will say something about which people in your group are not eligible due to gear restrictions.

Sikotic

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 06:35:03 AM »

Yeah, I have the requirements at least for PoS.  I finished FoS and was almost done with PoS when the game glitched.  We were fighting that SCourgelord on Rimefang and he came down then he seems to just stand there for a bit.  Next thing we know, he disappears and is up in the air on the dragon.  I got frustrated so I left.  Will have to try it again tonight so I can complete the chain.  Thanks again for the help.

Quaranta

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 09:12:03 AM »

That fight is bugged if you (or any other partymember) start attacking the boss before he attacks. The only solution when it does happen is all run out and back in to reset the fight.  Everyone has to come out of it first before you can enter again! ;-)

Sikotic

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 10:01:02 AM »

Ahhh, that makes sense.  DBM stated that the fight had begun so I attacked him but he just stood there and took it.  Next time I'll have to wait for him to react.  They just kept stating how crucial it was to kill him before he got on the dragon.  Having never ran it before, I was kinda nervous.  Now I know that it can be reset.  Thanks for the tip.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 10:09:10 AM »

Are you talking about normal mode or Heroic? 

There's something more to it than all that.  Every party I've been in for PoS, at the beginning of the fight, someone inevitably attacks him while he's still up in the air on the dragon.  In fact, I target him and hit him a few times myself before he hits the ground.  I've never seen it "bugged."  So I think there might be more to the "bug" than just the idea of waiting for him to attack.

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

Sikotic

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »

It was normal mode.  We went into it right after Forge of Souls.  When we approached him, he was on Rimefang then he came down and started talking.  I waited for the talking to end then DBM stated that the encounter had started so I attacked him.  He stood perfectly still and took it but no damage was done.  Next time I know, ice bombs are dropping from the sky like he is on dragon back and then he disappears and he is up in the air.  Not exactly sure why it happened.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

Well, in my remembrance, when ya get thru the ice tunnel and pat yourself on the back, replenish mana, etc..., then here's Scourgelord Tyrannus in the air on Rimefang.  There is a bit of scripting for the story, but during that part, while he is still up in the air, we pretty much always whack him a few times.  When he hits the ground, I think he is immune to attack for a few seconds, and then we attack.  In a sense, it actually makes no sense to be hitting him until he is on the ground, and able to be truly engaged.  But ya know...

Its kinda like in HoR, at the end where the Lich King and the Lady are dueling.  Someone always wants to go over there and hit the LK with as much firepower as they can.  Doesn't do anything, lol...  The script continues, and you gotta "Go, Now!" as she says...

Once you know the sequence of events, its all rather simple and easy, but can be confusing, for sure!  I know I was confused, anyways, until I read a bit more about it, and went thru it a few times.

But again, I've been in there several times, both normal and H mode, mostly with pugs thru LFD with people displaying all kinds of crazy behavior, and never had this bug that you are talking about.  But I have heard of it...

Sikotic

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:57 PM »

At least it is a common occurrance and not just a one time fluke for me.  Is the fix just to run out of the instance and run back in?  I'm gonna try queuing up again for it tonight to see if it does it again for me.  I was able to get through almost all of Pit of Saron with no problems though I did realize that I have to adjust my seals according to the type of healer I have.  In Forge of Souls, I had a druid healer and I was able to run with SoV with no problems and it greatly increased my threat.  In PoS, I had a priest and ran SoV for a bit though I almost ran out of mana a few times even with Divine Plea so I switched to SoW and JoW then had no problems.  Ran into a bit of an issue with Ick but killed the add first then I would up pretty much soloing him.  LOL  Other DPS was a warlock, pally, and hunter.  The lock and hunter dropped like flies and the other pally held out until almost the end but I would up being the one who took him down.  Now if I can just get through the end sequence and move on to HoR so I can begin that headache LOL

Quaranta

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 06:18:48 AM »

The running out and back in trick did work for me when it was bugged. But keep in mind everyone has to be out first before you can run back in. Otherwise the fight will just keep going on and on. I've done the Heroic version most of the time and the fight got bugged everytime someone started to attack him first. I'm not saying that this will work for everyone, but it did for me.

Also as a side note, when the ICC 5 man dungeons were added, the first month they worked fine for me. After a month (possibly small patch, can't remember) it was bugged everytime some attacked him first. Up until today no fix in place. And another thing, I'm not in a guild, so all I'm doing are pugs! ;)

krick

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »

You used to be able to actually target Scourgelord Tyrannus and damage him while he was mounted on Rimefang during the intro speech.

I think this is what caused it to bug out.

Now, when you target Scourgelord Tyrannus and attempt to do some ranged damage, the damage (and your focus) gets shifted to Rimefang.  You can't actually damage Scourgelord Tyrannus until a second or so after he hops off Rimefang and hits the ground.

Skeeto

• Who Needs CC?
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 05:52:27 AM »

That glitch is bloody annoying i still dont think its been sorted out,
The whole
If you attack him whislt hes falling or before hes moved (once hes hit the ground) He just jumps back up and you cant kill him, right pain in the ass xD

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 21 queries.