Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grinding for gold spots?  (Read 7987 times)

Freshtankadin

• You Tank I Heal, we both LIVE
Grinding for gold spots?
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »

I figured I would share one of my recently found grinding spots, and welcome others to do the same. Since as a farely fresh tankadin (just hit 80 a week and a half ago) I always seem low on gold, I'm always trying to find a new interesting place to grind for gold. I don't enjoy mindless grinding for hours, and sitting in a major city for hours not actually "playing" is borderline insanity for me.

My favorite spot of the moment is Human Strat. The righteous orbs that drop there are going for 50g a piece on my server at the moment. I had six drop in one run, and a run takes me about 15 min (although I'm not going as fast as possible, wiping while grinding is kind of counter productive). My follow up run I got three orbs. So in half an hour from one type of item drop I made 450g. And yes they all sold within two hours of going on the AH. Plus you empty your bags before you go and loot and sell all drops. I would recommend checking your local AH to see what orbs are going for, but I thought that if it's working so well for me, I'd share it with you guys.
I couldn't help but notice you noticing my PVPness

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
Re: Grinding for gold spots?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:27:18 AM »

Sounds good!  Please forgive my ignorance, but what and where exactly is Human Strat?  Something about Stratholme, I assume, but I am not sure.  Are you Horde?  I am Horde.  For the Horde!  Lol...

By the way, I'm a human and I play a Strat (Fender Stratocaster)...

But have yet to make any gold with it, tho' I'm hoping that will change...

Sorry, couldn't resist   :P

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

krick

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

If you're going to grind for gold, you probably want to do your argent tournament dailies to get the argent squire that can function as a bank, vendor, or mailbox.  That way, you don't even have to leave Stratholme to vendor your trash.

Here's the info you need to know...

First, [Argent Squire](Alliance) or [Argent Gruntling](Horde) is a reward from [A Champion Rises].

Then you can save up 150 [Champion's Seal] (do your tournament dailies) and buy your little Argent buddy an [Argent Pony Bridle] which gives him the ability to function as a bank, vendor, or mailbox once every 4 hours, I think.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:09:03 PM by krick »

Freshtankadin

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »

Will definitely have to start working on that krick, thanks for the info.

Bloodiron, Stratholme is located in the eastern plaguelands. It's in the north eastern part of EPL(Eastern plague lands).

Anyone got any other good spots?

krick

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 12:19:11 PM »

Please forgive my ignorance, but what and where exactly is Human Strat?  Something about Stratholme, I assume, but I am not sure.

Stratholme is sort of divided into two sections, the "live" or "scarlet" side and the "undead" side based on the mobs located there.

The live side, which Freshtankadin is calling "human strat" is the part where you encounter non-undead mobs guarding the Scarlet Citadel.  You enter the citadel and that's where the [Righteous Orb]s can drop.  Note that I *think* that you need to have the [The Scarlet Key] from the library wing of Scarlet Monastery to open the door to the Citadel, unless they changed it because of the new random dungeon finder thing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:03:38 PM by krick »

johanullen

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:25 PM »

I figured I would share one of my recently found grinding spots, and welcome others to do the same. Since as a farely fresh tankadin (just hit 80 a week and a half ago) I always seem low on gold, I'm always trying to find a new interesting place to grind for gold. I don't enjoy mindless grinding for hours, and sitting in a major city for hours not actually "playing" is borderline insanity for me.

My favorite spot of the moment is Human Strat. The righteous orbs that drop there are going for 50g a piece on my server at the moment. I had six drop in one run, and a run takes me about 15 min (although I'm not going as fast as possible, wiping while grinding is kind of counter productive). My follow up run I got three orbs. So in half an hour from one type of item drop I made 450g. And yes they all sold within two hours of going on the AH. Plus you empty your bags before you go and loot and sell all drops. I would recommend checking your local AH to see what orbs are going for, but I thought that if it's working so well for me, I'd share it with you guys.

WFT! How could you get so many? I was running a little a month or so ago when I got heirloom weapons for my rogue and wanted crusade but I only got the one orb for the boss who always drops them, not a single extra one! crusade for a rogue seems rather stupid now that they wont benefit from strength anymore....

When I die it is the healers fault,
when the healer dies it is my fault,
when a dps dies it is his own damn fault!

Freshtankadin

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »

I killed every single mobe once I hit the human side. I had two drop from the humans in front where timmy spawns. I think they must have upped the drop rate.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 02:35:01 PM »

But let me get this straight.  You are NOT talking about running an instance, right.  You are just talking about going to the Stratholme area itself and going around solo on the 'human' side?

Crazy? I was crazy once. They put me in a room. A round room. A round rubber room. A round rubber room with rats. Rats? They drive me crazy! Crazy? I was crazy once. They...

Freshtankadin

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »

I AM talking about the instance. It's a lvl 60 instance, and when you first enter it has undead. You work your way through the instance and in about 2-3 pulls you get to where there are humanoids outside of a citadel entrance. Those are the money making mobs because they drop righteous orbs. Kill them and all the humans inside the citadel. Loot everything, rinse repeat.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »

Ah, cool!  So I just go there, and solo thru the instance.  Sounds good to me!  50g per each Righteous Orb!  I'll give it a shot this afternoon.  Thank you for the info!!  Do I need any keys or whatever to get thru?  I'm reading on it and seems there's some doors to open.  Well, I have Titanium skeleton keys (which are made in stacks of 20), so that will work if I have to.

Freshtankadin

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »

no keys needed, and I'd check your auction house to see if they are going for as much as my server. I am on an old highly populated server, so old mats go for much more because there aren't as many low levels. Just looting and vendoring the drops should still net a decent amount of easy gold, besides the righteous orbs.

krick

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »

Just a note for those who might not know...

To reset and repeat Stratholme, you need to exit using the "service entrance" since the main entrance is gated to prevent you from leaving.

The main problem I have with farming Stratholme is that there aren't any really close major cities.  So the travel time to get to the instance eats into your gold-per-hour.  Also, the closest mailbox and vendors are at Lights Hope, so if you don't have an argent squire/gruntling with mailbox/vendor capabilities, you'll find yourself wasting time running back and forth to Light's Hope to vendor trash and repair.

That said, it certainly is fun to pull 50 or more mobs at once and live.  Just make sure you cleanse the disease off yourself from time to time.  Strathlome will also teach you how to do line-of-sight pulls where you hide around a corner to make all the casters come to you and take the beating they deserve.

I'd also warn you to *NOT* use retribution aura when AoE farming.  From what I understand, if your retribution aura kills a mob and you didn't harm it in some other way via a button press ability or weapon auto attack, then you won't be able to loot it.  Supposedly, they made the change to prevent farming bots from just standing there and letting passive abilities kill stuff.  I farm with devotion aura these days.

johanullen

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 11:46:50 PM »

I find a good place to farm like this is zul'farak. This has been a nice spot for ages as you could even as level 60 solo the graves, now you can pretty much pull half the instance at once and get quite a lot of mageweave that should go for a handsome amount of gold. This is much better if you are enchanter or at least have some means to disenchant green boes, as the next to highest level vanilla enchants are still quite popular.

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 01:11:11 AM »

I find a good place to farm like this is zul'farak.

I used to farm ZF all the time on my rogue.  There's a cool trick you can do if you get the rare spawn that patrols in a circle around the fountain.  Basically, you pull the rare elite spawn to the side and kill him quickly without killing the other mob that he's paired with in the patrol.  Then vanish (only rogues and other classes that can drop out of combat can do this) and when the other mob walks away, loot.  You get a green or a blue every time.

Then if you farm elsewhere in the instance for a while, eventually mobs will start respawning, including the rare elite.  But only if you don't kill his buddy.  If you kill the buddy, a normal (non-rare) mob will spawn in his place.

Also, did anyone notice that they added a new spell to the casters called [Dismounting Blast]?  I knocks you off your mount when you try to ride through and round up all the mobs for AoE killing.

Freshtankadin

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »

Well, I hit Strat again yesterday and thought I'd post that I only got one righteous orb that run. I did however get an epic necklace that sold for $150g in about two hours on the ah. So I still made out well, but only because of luck.

Freshtankadin

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »

O.o and on another note, Krick is right about the vendor and instance reset problem. I solved the location problem by Que'ing for a battleground about halfway through the instance. Que times on my server are an average of 10 min. When I return from the bg I'm at the graveyard and can run to vendor before my next pull if I need.

Anisovaya

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »

If you're not an enchanter, typically you can find a friend or someone perhaps in your guild that can DE the times for you and then send you the DE'd mats (FWIW Bloodniron, if you aren't able to find someone in your guild to do that for you let me know and I can have my good soldier of fortune friend do it for you :)  If you don't need the DE'd mats for enchants, etc, they should typically sell good on the AH.  Especially infinite dust.  I do know a certain tailor that would gladly convert any frostweave that you have into some cloth items that are guaranteed to DE into infinite dust and occassionally lesser/greater cosmic essences.

You can also pick up vanity pets in various areas from vendors and sometimes resell them for an easy profit.  Especially the ones that are over in Netherstorm since it's a bit tricker area to get to and not exactly a common place people go to.  You can check out this website to see where some of the vanity pets are:  http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/index.asp

Blizzard changed it not too long ago but you used to have to buy this Expert Cooking book over in Desolace to become an Expert Cook.  I used to go over there and buy up a bunch of them for 1g and then resell them on the AH for anywhere from 5G to 10G.  It was a great little money maker back in the day!  I mostly thought it was funny that you could get people to buy it for that much when they could just go get it from a vendor.

That is sort of the key to working the WoW economy.  Figuring out what people are willing to buy because they either don't know they can get it somewhere else themselves or they just don't want to take the time to get it themselves, or they can't make it themselves.  There are certain things that you will find are easier to just buy from the AH rather than spend the time farming it or vice versa and that's where you come in with your items.  Sometimes I find it's a better deal to buy up lichbloom instead of taking the time to farm it since I can craft Runic Mana potions that will cover the cost of that purchase and still make me a good profit.

Or sometimes the raw materials go for more than the 'processed' item.  You may find it's cheaper to sell the raw ore than the smelted bars.  Jewelcrafters will buy the raw ore to prospect into gems they might need.  If you fly into Stonard in Swamp of Sorrows and then take road south into the Blasted Lands, there are two mines located there that you can easily farm for Mithiril and Thorium to sell. 

It's not terribly exciting (and I usually do this type of farming when I'm watching something on TV), but fishing and then cooking up the said fish into food will sell well on the AH.  For example, I can typically sell the [Dragonfin Filet] on the AH for around 5G a piece (I will even share with you the best fishing spot for Dragonfin Angelfish.....fly into Moa'ki Harbor in Dragonblight, then go to Lake Indu'le and you'll get tons there).

Of course like Krick mentioned, the dailies are a quick easy way to get some gold as well.  Typically most dailes will give you around 10-13G and they aren't too bad to do.  The fishing one is one of my favorites because in addtion to the 13G, you get a fishing treasure bag that has other random goodies in it.....and I can't help but love the 'grab bag, you never know what it's going to contain' aspect!  (http://www.wowhead.com/item=46007#contains)  Sometimes you get lucky and get a [New Age Painting] which vendors for 25G or luckier yet.....[Porcelain Bell] vendors for 100g even though they are grey items.  I got the [Jeweled Fishing Pole] a few weeks ago.  At any rate, I think it's kind of a fun daily to do even though grinding up the fishing isn't too exciting but I don't believe there is a required fishing level anymore to be able to get the daily other than being level 70.....it might take you longer though to get it done if your level is lower though.  Anisovaya's been doing it and I think her fishing was only at 125 maybe when she started trying the daily....

Anyhow, hopefully some of this is helpful to someone.  I feel like I've been rambling but that's what happens when you have nothing to do at work and this is the closest thing to getting your 'WoW fix'  :D

Now get out there and make some G!!!!

Ani

krick

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »

I think that with the new disenchant roll system, you can just group with an enchanter while you farm dungeons and still be able to roll disenchant, even when the other person is not in the dungeon with you.  I'm pretty sure that's how it worked when they first rolled it out, but it's possible that it might have been fixed in a later patch.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 01:35:58 PM »

Well, I went to Lighthope Chapel and rode to Strat from there... I got some quests before entering, so that made it a bit more interesting as well.  Not that lower level quests pay much gold but hey, they count toward the Loremaster achieve I'm currently working toward...

So I went in, and went 'round and 'round... and 'round...  First time in so I did not really know the layout.  I guess it is supposedly the same layout as the Culling of Stratholme instance, but if so, then we must enter differently...

Well, I killed/looted so many Undead my first time in that I had to leave to lighten my load a bit.

Went back with about 40 empty slots and STILL had to throw stuff away... lots of discarded Runecloth in there, lol...

I went the wrong way... I went over to the East side, and found more Undead!  Finally figured it out though, and went West, found the human section, and actually came out with two of those orbs.

Thing is, there were none in the AH, so I did not have a clue what they would go for.  But taking your example, I put them up for 50g each.  That was last night.  This morning I checked briefly, and they still had not sold, although several items I listed did!  To tell the truth, I'm not real good at being able to tell what will sell on AH and what will not, and yes, I know about the Auctioneer Addon - I used to have it, found it not that helpful to me personally (but that's just me).  I might find it more helpful now...  Anyways, I came out of there with a few blue BoE's and also some really nice Daggers that might have been green.  I figured well these Daggers will likely sell, and the blues, and a high +Attack Rating weapon, so I put them on AH, but I just vendored the rest, as the price to list on AH is sometimes so high...

Anyways, now that I know which way to go in there, I'll just go in, go to the Left and keep going left, drag my mob of creeps to the entry to the human side, and things should go a lot quicker.  Oh, and for a run like that, I realize that I should empty almost everything out of my bags.  I should only have to carry Mana, food, and that's about it...  But being able to mail stuff to my bank alt, or have the room in my bank (and yes, I have bags in all 7 bag slots: one Gem bag which is full, one Mining bag which is likewise full, and 5 16-slot bags, at least partially full...  Yeah, we should discuss our bank vault holdings sometime, lol...  I have a habit, as likely many do, of holding on to weird items I find, or just things that seem like they might come in handy down the road...)

So, hopefully by the time I get home these orbs will have sold and made the trip worthwhile, lol...

johanullen

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 02:11:02 PM »

You can also pick up vanity pets in various areas from vendors and sometimes resell them for an easy profit.  Especially the ones that are over in Netherstorm since it's a bit tricker area to get to and not exactly a common place people go to.  You can check out this website to see where some of the vanity pets are:  http://warcraftpets.com/wow.pets/index.asp

Blizzard changed it not too long ago but you used to have to buy this Expert Cooking book over in Desolace to become an Expert Cook.  I used to go over there and buy up a bunch of them for 1g and then resell them on the AH for anywhere from 5G to 10G.  It was a great little money maker back in the day!  I mostly thought it was funny that you could get people to buy it for that much when they could just go get it from a vendor.

There's tons of stuff like this you can get, both vanity, somewhat useful and absolutely essential stuff. For example there is the runed arcanite rod enchanting recipe that you must get some time in your enchanting career, it only sells from this off vendor in moonglade together with some other weird stuff, you can buy them from 1g or something and sell for 20-50g. Many of these are also in limited supplies and only respawns once a day so if you have an alt or something standing there you can really control the market for this.

As for more of the vanity stuff, like either patterns that give you things like the orange mageweave shirt, there is a lavender and a pink one too, your tux, white wedding dress and other stuff like this, as well as the "you gotta have them all" recipes, you can find all these patterns at vendors in one or another of the major cities, in some cases you find them in very weird places too. Anyway what you can do is check patterns, recipes and stuff at AH and see all the white colored items, these can always be bought from vendors, as opposed to the green ones that are drops. See what there is and if any of it is ridiculously expensive, look up on wowhead or thottbot or something where you get it and go there and buy some.

By the way, blood, don't throw away runecloth, you can get a lot of money for those as they are the easiest way to rep with the home fractions (ogrimar, thunderbluff, undercity, zandalaren and quel'thalas or whatever the horde names are, I'm alliance and I'm proud of it!).

Anisovaya

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »

A note about listing stuff on the AH.....if you list it for 12 hrs instead of 24 hrs, the price for listing the item will be a bit lower.

Ani

krick

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 02:47:04 PM »

Thing is, there were none in the AH, so I did not have a clue what they would go for.  But taking your example, I put them up for 50g each.  That was last night.  This morning I checked briefly, and they still had not sold, although several items I listed did!  To tell the truth, I'm not real good at being able to tell what will sell on AH and what will not, and yes, I know about the Auctioneer Addon - I used to have it, found it not that helpful to me personally (but that's just me).  I might find it more helpful now...  Anyways, I came out of there with a few blue BoE's and also some really nice Daggers that might have been green.  I figured well these Daggers will likely sell, and the blues, and a high +Attack Rating weapon, so I put them on AH, but I just vendored the rest, as the price to list on AH is sometimes so high...

Auctioneer becomes useful when you do auction house scans over several weeks (I prefer daily, but it's up to you).  Don't do the "fast scan" because it always hangs and disconnects me from WoW.

What happens is that it records the price over time and gives you an idea of the actual "market value" of an item.  This market value stuff also shows up in your tooltips, which is very handy when trying to gauge what an item is "worth".

Once you have a few days worth of auction data, you can use the appraiser tab.  It will show everything in your bag in the scrolling window on the left.  You select an item in the list and it appears on the right side with a suggested bid and buyout value.  You can either manually change the price up or down from that suggested value or just run with it.  For items that stack, like cloth, you can set the stack size and the number of stacks that you want to sell.  Just hit the button once and it will make the right stack sizes and sell it all for you.

I'll have to write a quick-start guide for Auctioneer at some point.  It seems there's a need for one.  Auctioneer seems overwhelming at first, but once you know how it works, it's extremely powerful.

Never vendor Strathlome BoE green/blue/purples.  The purples almost always sell immediately.  The blues are hit and miss, but they're often needed for class specific quests so they will still usually sell if you price them right.  Greens (and blues that you can't sell) should always be disenchanted.  Strathome level enchanting materials are used for twink enchants and sell for quite a bit of money.  Much more than the item vendors for, I'm sure.  Plus, enchanting materials have ZERO auction house listing fees.  So you only pay if they sell.

Anyways, now that I know which way to go in there, I'll just go in, go to the Left and keep going left, drag my mob of creeps to the entry to the human side, and things should go a lot quicker.  Oh, and for a run like that, I realize that I should empty almost everything out of my bags.  I should only have to carry Mana, food, and that's about it...  But being able to mail stuff to my bank alt, or have the room in my bank (and yes, I have bags in all 7 bag slots: one Gem bag which is full, one Mining bag which is likewise full, and 5 16-slot bags, at least partially full...  Yeah, we should discuss our bank vault holdings sometime, lol...  I have a habit, as likely many do, of holding on to weird items I find, or just things that seem like they might come in handy down the road...)

You should equip your toon with 4 x [Frostweave Bag], if you haven't already.  Before you go farming, empty all your bags except stacks of water and your hearthstone.  You can heal yourself by using your mana, so you don't need food.

Once you get your argent squire/gruntling with a pony bridle, you can purchase stuff from him to make [Kungaloosh], so you can make yourself a stack to drink when you vendor your trash.

Eventually, you should also fill your personal bank with [Frostweave Bag] as well.  If you want, you can create additional bank "mules" (one per profession) and fill their bank slots with profession-specific bags for maximum storage.

You should start a guild just for your bank alt.  That way, you can have your own guild bank to store all your crafting materials in.  You can buy extra guild bank tabs over time (though they get EXPENSIVE).

In all honesty, I don't recommend stockpiling too many crafting materials.  If you want, save for a specific crafted item or save reputation items for a future rep grind, but sell the rest and get your money now.  You never know when a future patch will make something you're stockpiling worthless.  With very few exceptions, prices tend to go down over time, not up.

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »

Now I remember - THAT'S why I quit using Auctioneer.  It too FOREVER for it to scan, and I did not have that kind of time to spend.  What am I supposed to do, sign in and spend an hour a day just scanning?  My time in-game is limited, and becoming more limited yet.   :P

I do appreciate the input/insight and so forth.  I'm already at the point where I have several things in game that I do that are not really fun for me, but I do them because I'm trying to get better gear to play the game at a higher level, or whatever.  I don't want to add to the things that frustrate me about the game, as next thing ya know, I'll just find a different game, lol...

krick

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

Now I remember - THAT'S why I quit using Auctioneer.  It too FOREVER for it to scan, and I did not have that kind of time to spend.  What am I supposed to do, sign in and spend an hour a day just scanning?  My time in-game is limited, and becoming more limited yet.  

My scans only take about 12 minutes, usually less.  It mainly depends on server population and the number of auctions.  I imagine internet latency might affect the scanning speed as well.

NOTE: If you are running in full-screen mode (not windowed), if you ALT-TAB out of WoW, the scanning will completely stop until you return to WoW.   If you switch to windowed mode before you start the scan, you can ALT-TAB out and check your email or do something productive while it's scanning.   I like to start it scanning in the morning while I'm taking my shower before work, or in the evening while I'm eating dinner.

I do appreciate the input/insight and so forth.  I'm already at the point where I have several things in game that I do that are not really fun for me, but I do them because I'm trying to get better gear to play the game at a higher level, or whatever.  I don't want to add to the things that frustrate me about the game, as next thing ya know, I'll just find a different game, lol...

Ultimately if your time is limited, you should avoid any type of "farming" activity, including inside dungeons.

Here's the best ways to make money with limited play time...

1) Run whatever daily quests that you can complete in the shortest amount of time for the most amount of gold (probably the Argent Tournament dailies).

2) Work the auction house... buy low, sell high.... or attempt to corner the market on a limited supply item.

I find playing the auction house an exciting game-within-a-game.  It's kind of like the stock market.

It's completely possible to take a few hundred gold of "seed money" and turn it into several thousand by *only* buying low priced stuff off the auction house and re-listing it at higher prices.

Auctioneer is a valuable tool for this purpose.  It has a feature for scanning the auction house for underpriced items that you can re-list, but it requires a decent foundation of price data to reliably detect bargains.

Auctioneer also makes it really easy to quickly list your items since it auto-populates appropriate prices for you that will either undercut your competition, or use the default market price if the competition has driven the price too low (which may be a signal to buy and re-list).

I'll be the first to admit that it will take a while to really learn the ropes when it comes to working the auction house.  I've been playing wow for a few years now and I think I'm pretty good at it.  However, there's always people with more free time who are MUCH more successful.

Just like the stock market, you need to focus on what you know.  I know recipes.  I manually search through the recipes and look for stuff that I think is underpriced (due to the rarity).  Never underestimate what obsessive recipe collectors will pay for something rare.

Case in point, I managed to snag [Plans: Adamantite Weapon Chain] for 200g last night.  This recipe actually has two versions, one is a BoP drop from the last boss in Magisters' Terrace (a level 70 5-man), the other is a BoE world drop (very low percent chance) from almost any mob in Outland.  I've only seen the recipe on the auction house twice ever.

Sure someone COULD try to get a 5-man group going to farm the recipe from Magisters' Terrace, but that takes time and co-operations from other people and some obsessive collectors would rather just buy it.  Since it's so rare, I'll be selling it for a LOT of money.  I'll probably start listing it at 9999g for two or three weeks to see if anyone bites, then bring the price down to 4999g and keep it there until someone gets desperate and buys it.

The cost to re-list it week after week is almost nothing so all I have to do is sell one rare recipe a month to cover all my listing fees.

Other EXTREMELY rare recipes (much more rare than the one above) are
[Plans: Steel Weapon Chain] and [Formula: Enchant Shield - Lesser Block].

If you ever see them, snatch them up and re-list them for big bucks.  Don't take less than 10,000g for either of them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:36:28 PM by krick »

Bloodniron

• BLOOD...and IRON!
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 10:33:19 AM »

Good info, thanks!  I'll likely download and install Auctioneer this weekend, which is fast approaching.

Still, as it is ALL a game to me, it honestly matters not to me if I'm doing some dailies (of which I am mostly ignorant, lacking still a full understanding of this "daily"/"weekly" concept), or a Random Heroic, or simply farming in Stratholme or Sholozar Basin.  As long as I'm enjoying myself.  

The stress comes when others attempt to add compulsion and guilt because I'm neglecting this or that (getting emblems for gearing up, for example...) and so I start feeling like I "must" do these 5-10 different tasks each day.  Yes, I want to get geared up.  Yes, I sometimes feel stupid for "wasting time" in the game - but the time I feel stupid about wasting is not the time I've spent farming, its the time I've spent trying to reason with my ex-GM's 10 year old brother over why I am quitting the Guild.  Spent way more than two hours on that one night, just standing in the streets of Dalaran, doing NOTHING except feeling my blood pressure rise...  Anyways, that's my fault as I have a misguided compulsion to explain/justify my actions.  But in the end, it really does not matter.  That kid is not the one paying my monthly subscription.

I am actually enjoying my time farming Stratholme - when it becomes a drudgery, I'll move on to something else.  Now I'm sorta turning it into a race against the clock - go in, run toward the left, staying in the middle of the street, pull a huge mob of creeps with me until I get locked in between the gates where the rats come out.  Kill everything there, loot.  Move on to next goal of the area immediately in front of the human section, not stopping in between.  Kill all the Undead that have been stupid enough to follow me.  Make short work of the groups of humans there, and enter in.  Sometimes using LOS to pull casters out into hallways (but I hate getting knocked back by the warriors that guard them, lol...), and other times just giving them the bums' rush.  So far I've been thru the human section just three times, with a total of 8 of those Righteous Orbs having dropped, and several decent BoE items to sell on AH, including an Epic item last night.  

I'm going in there with about 70 empty slots now (and yeah, more will be empty after I figure out what to do with some of the stuff...), and since I'm avoiding a goodly amount of Undead, I find I have plenty of room in my bags.  Getting lots of stacks of Runecloth, and right now selling them all for 2.5g a stack.  But I may just do what you are saying, maybe set a target price of selling them for 5g a stack, buy up those under my target price, and re-list them at 5g.  Heck of a lot of Runecloth drops in there...

Right now Blood is trying to decide whether he is saving up for his Artisan riding (and yeah, he is...) or if he first wants to get a pair of [Saronite Swordbreakers]...  They "only" run about 2300g on my server, but the mats should be much less to obtain.  (8 Titansteel Bars, 20 Saronite Bars, 4 Crusader Orbs).  I can obtain everything I need except the Orbs thru my mining and BS.  

But I digress.  Bottom line is the same here as in everything in WoW - its a game, have fun with it.  To get stressed over a game, or over some a**hat (as Ani says) in the game defeats the very purpose of the game: To have fun, to relax, to enjoy oneself.  If I decide that I can only spend 1 hour in game a day, and that hour is spent in enjoyment, then I'm happy, and refuse to get bummed or feel guilty about not gearing up as quickly as some others might want.

What I would really enjoy in the game right about now is to have an Addon for weather forecasts.  I love the rain.  Sometimes when I find a rainy section, I'll just drop what I was doing and ride cross-country, or find a high boulder to perch on overlooking the land, and enjoy the weather!  No gold to be had with that, but hey, I love it!   :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:15:14 PM by Bloodniron »

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.894 seconds with 21 queries.