Tankadin.com Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Twink tankadin?  (Read 4659 times)

Freshtankadin

• You Tank I Heal, we both LIVE
Twink tankadin?
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »

I have a lvl 56 Paladin. I'm thinking of turning him into a lvl 60 twink for a couple months. If I turn off my xp when I hit lvl 60 can I still get into normal AV? I've been told that if you turn off your xp you can only play against other players that have also turned off their xp. But I see tons of alliance twinks in av. Do they just not have any expansions or is AV the exception to the xp rule?
I couldn't help but notice you noticing my PVPness

Skeeto

• Who Needs CC?
Re: Twink tankadin?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »

too be a twink i was under that impression you had to be a N*9

like 19 29 39 49 59 60 79 80

Or does that not work with it once being a level cap

like Vanilla WoW 60
TBC 70
WOTLK 80

xD

Freshtankadin

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »

If this is possible I think that doing my heroics on my 80's and turning in the stonekeeper shards for honor and sending the tokens to my toon will quickly gear him out. Instead of constantly having to upgrade my gear, I can stop at lvl 60 and 70 and pvp my gear up, while having one heck of a time facerolling. I know it will technically take longer to lvl this way, but it will be much more fun ( to me ). But the ultimate question is whether this is even possible. Can I play against normal av players, or will I be restricted to other xp blocked toons?

Freshtankadin

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »

too be a twink i was under that impression you had to be a N*9

like 19 29 39 49 59 60 79 80

Or does that not work with it once being a level cap

like Vanilla WoW 60
TBC 70
WOTLK 80

xD
Technically I guess I would be making an AV only twink. But that's my favorite bg anyways. You can join av in brackets from 51-60,61-70,71-79, and lvl 80's. The gear is lvl 60, and why not have the best gear, at the top lvl of the bracket? I just don't know if I can join a normal av or would have to wait for other people that have turned off xp.....thus making it not worth it.

amadard

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »

I just looked this up on WoWwiki, because I didnt know the answer and was curious.  So here is what it says.

In patch 3.2.0, a feature was introduced that allowed players to disable experience gains in exchange for 10g. Battlegrounds were then altered to force xp-off characters to face only other xp-off characters. Battleground XP was enabled for all other characters.

And for AV:  Alterac Valley is split into four level brackets; 51-60, 61-70, 71-79 & Level 80.

So, you would want to stop at 60, and you will only face other XP disabled players.

Yourdaddy

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »

This is why i stopped playing my hunter twink.
He was at lvl 19 for months, but with gaining xp in, he lvled to 20.  >:(

If you turn off xp, you get grouped with a others that also have it off. So you end up playing with against twinks only.

My lvl 19 hunter did 54 kills in one wg. We just camped the flag and i dropped them like flies at their gy (spawn and die). LOL

I pull,
You don't.

Freshtankadin

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:35:08 PM »

That's disheartening. I wanted to max out my lvl 60 gear in AV before moving on. There is no way I can get the honor and badges necessary before hitting 61. Guess instead of a big two hander I'll just get the shield and keep lvling. I found out that I could get another warcraft account, but not get any of the expansions. I don't want to spend the extra $15 a month just to have a 60 twink. So much for that idea, it would've been fun. Better yet, maybe not get any gear at lvl 60, I have over 20,000 honor and I'm lvl 57. I can just have fun until I hit 61, lvl to upper 60's and bg again, hit 71 lvl to 80 and buy a couple pieces of pvp gear to start with at lvl 80. Oh well.

krick

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »

If you have a level 80, you can purchase [Wintergrasp Commendation] for 30 [Stone Keeper's Shard] and send them to your other characters.

As soon as my hunter hit 80, I converted all my shards to honor and sent it to him so that he could buy some PvP epics as a starter DPS set for PvE.

Freshtankadin

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »

That's what I've done with my shards on my other 80's, now I have over 30k on my lvl 58 pally and guess I'll sit on it until I hit 80. I could send over another 10k or so at the moment, but why? Might as well level him first now that I'm not going to be able to twink him.

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 21 queries.